Let’s talk handmade gifts. My tendency to focus on handmade gifting seems to wax and wane over the years. Sometimes I’m really into it — gathering ideas and supplies for weeks and then setting aside several days to work on the projects. Other times I’m perfectly content to buy something ready made.
For those of you who like to make gifts for the holidays, I’ve collected 15 really good ones that I think you’ll love. It’s a wide range of projects, and so many of them are great to make with kids. Especially 4, 5, 9 and 10.
1) Recycled Mismatched Plates — Painted into a Set. For a gift, I think a set of dessert plates would be fun. Maybe for the holidays with red and green paint? Or Silver and gold?
2) Tree Branch Succulent Planter. Gift a little set. They would look so good on a desk or windowsill.
3) Cute Clay Earrings. Two other designs in this post as well.
4) Coding jewelry. Spell out messages or names or special words using beads to write coding language. Click through to see it in black and white beads too.
5) Color-blocked Recycled Jar Planters. All you need is colored twine and jars from your recycling bin!
6) Half-Moon Pendant Necklace. It looks so luxe. I would totally wear this. And it’s made of hobby clay!
7) Citrus Sugars. Fun to gift and easy to make. And they smell so good.
8) Cement pencil holder. It makes such a substantial gift. I like it with and without the dots.
9) Wood Bead Hair Twists. Really cute stocking stuffers. Or your kids can make them for their friends — put 2 or three in a jewelry box or small gift bag to make a sweet, very useable gift.
10) Custom Fish Bowl. You make it with a sharpie! It comes with 3 different drawing guides too.
12) Pom Pom Bookmarks.
13) Bleached-Out Tees. The possibilities with this project are endless.
14) DIY Hand Stamped Dish Towels. I love these so much.
15) Easy Monogram Mugs. These are great-looking. Pick up mis-matched white mugs at Goodwill and make a collection for a family — or gift the mugs to individuals.
Your turn. Do you have a handmade gift policy? Maybe you make handmade gifts for your neighbors? Have your kids ever made handmade gifts for each other?
What handmade gift ideas are you making this year?
P.S. — More handmade ideas.